The accordion soloist, composer & performer Zoe Tiganouria is an international level artist, with great artistic path in a short period of time, a great, productive discography within the 10 years of her career (to date, counts 19 individual productions: 8 CDs, 3 music Books along with CDs for Transcription and 8 digital productions), too many of her orchestral compositions included into international collections (like Buddha Bar), over 300 songs have been interpreted in domestic discography by Greek & and foreign performers and has performed more than a thousand entries in the international music industry, as accordionist).
Of course one should not forget the production, released by her own production company: Zoe Music Ltd. for her father 'quadrille and Samothrace, Dimitris Tiganourias " since she loves his birthplace, Samothrace.
Her resume counts numerous concerts at festivals, archaeological and cultural sites in Greece and abroad, as well as many awards and collaborations with well-known artists. For example, in 2006 she worked with James Brown opening his concerts in Greece, at Lycabettus theater and at Theatro Gis in Thessaloniki.
We could use many pages in order to record all of her artistic career, so we'll just content ourselves in her personal discography, which is worth discovering by those who didn’t done it yet:
• “Libertango” (Karozas Entertainment Ltd., 2006)
• “Tanguera” (Karozas Entertainment Ltd., 2007)
• “Deligianneio Parthenagogeio” – original soundtrack of the same-titled Greek TV series (Heaven Music S.A, 2008)
• “Zoe 06/09” (Zoe Music Ltd, 2009)
• “Zoe’s Code” (Zoe Music Ltd, 2011)
• “Avec Toi” CD-Single Zoe feat. In-Grid (Energy Production Srl., 2011)
• “Zoe’s Music No.1 – Tango, Swing & Classical forms” Book with music scores+CD (Cambia Editions, 2012)
• “Φως – Rockin’ Zoe” (Zoe Music Ltd, 2013)
• “Zoe’s Music No.2 – Traditional & Folk forms” Book with music scores+CD (Cambia Editions, 2013)
• “Nostalgia” Remix – Dreamers Inc. feat Zoe (Digital Release by Zoe Music Ltd, 2015)
• “Psitoulis and his Friends” Book for children with music scores+CD (Cambia Editions, 2016)
• “Sweet Daughter” (Digital Release by FM Records, 2016)
• “Two Red Lips” (Digital Release by FM Records, 2016)
• “Nostalgia” (Digital Release by FM Records, 2016)
• “L’ Accordéon par Zoe” (Digital Release by FM Records, 2016)
• “Samothrace’s Step” (Zoe Music Ltd, 2016)
• “Ouranoessa” (Digital Release by 14Music, 2016)
• “Last Tango by Zoe” (Digital Release by Zoe Music Ltd, 2016)
Last Tango with Zoe Tiganouria
Participation: Thanos Polydoras
Piano: Pashalis Papazoudis
Violin: Iasonas Ktenas
Bass: Giwrge Politis
Drums: Stelios Generalis
” If she lived in another era, she would certainly be one of the goddess Artemis nymphs, since when you listen her play, you become ecstatic…
Her music goes through your body and explodes your senses soaring… “
We are speaking, of course, about Zoe Tiganouria, the Greek composer, accordion soloist & performer. Born and raised in the distant Island of Samothrace in a family of Traditional musicians, she has worked as a composer and accordionist with all the famous singers in the Greek discography, but also with international artists (such as James Brown, Al Di-Meola, Ömer Faruk Tekbilek, Goran Bregović, Chico Freeman, Zülfü Livaneli, and others).
She performed at the AIMS Best Marathon Runner Gala 2015, organized by AIMS (Association of International Marathons and Distance Races) in collaboration with SEGAS (Hellenic Athletics Federation), which was broadcasted live worldwide by ERT (Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation) with main presenter Mr. Alexis Kostalas.
As the owner of the music production company “Zoe Music Ltd.” she is selected by the European project “100 Mirrors” among the 100 women entrepreneurs from several European countries, who serve as models for other women wishing to start their own businesses or strengthening their creative and entrepreneurial skills.
Zoe has received a honorary distinction by the international accordion “giants” at the Ikaalinen Accordion Festival in Finland, participated in the Frankfurt Music Fair, awarded with the UNESCO Medal of Honor by the Historical Museum of Alexandroupolis for her contribution to the Cultural Heritage of Evros Prefecture, entitled as the “Face of Arsinoe” and her compositions were used as the background music in video projections of the “Giuseppe Sciacca” International Awards in the Vatican.
• Nineteen (19) personal albums and singles from 2006 until today,
• Books with sheet music + CD for transcription & play-along,
• More than two hundred compositions in the Greek discography from 1999 till present time,
• Compositions & cover versions in international compilations
• Hundreds of recordings,
• Orchestral compositions,
• Soundtracks for documentaries and television series,
Zoe Tiganouria also represents Greece abroad, by participating in large festivals and giving numerous concerts.
Also known as “Zoe”, she is an artist who is not limited by geographical boundaries, and as she says:
“Music is a Universe full of senses …“