graduated from Istanbul Technical University, Environmental Engineering Faculty which is one of the best universities in Turkey. But he was always addicted to Tango during his education.
Esref & Vanessa
After working together with some of the important instructors seperately, Eşref and Vanessa, both are accepted and respected as ones of the most important figures in Turkish tango history, came up to become partners as they discover the similarities of their perspective of tango and in a very short period of time, they have become a source of inspiration for many people.
Vanessa began her dance education at a very young age and she keeps deepening her knowledge. Ballet gave her a strong basics and a serious sense of work. Latershe became interested in various and rich style of dance.
Dancing being her true passion, she also developed interest in music by learning how to play piano.
Besides her interest in art, she studied biology at Bordeaux University of Science and Technology and obtained her “DEUG” (Diplôme d’ Etudes Universitaire Générales) in 2002.
• 1986 : Starts ballet calsses
• 1988 : Starts ballroom dances at Payros Dance School
• 1992 : Starts Jazz and modern dance
• 1992 : Starts Argentine Tango, some of her teachers: Magui Danni & Annibal Pannunzio, Eugenia Unsandivarias & Leo Clavelli, Alejandro Sanguinetti, Pablo Veron
• 1998-2002 : Studies at the famous « Ecole de Ballet Martial Boakstaele » in Bordeaux
• 1998 : Starts Swing ve Salsa dances
• 2001-2002 : Trains for International style Ballroom Dance Competions at Philippe Moreau Dance Center in Angoulème
Vanessa makes her first steps as a teacher assisting classes at Tangueando Bordeaux Arjantin Tango Association in 1996.
Then, between 2000 & 2002, she teaches in France weekly Ballroom, Swing Salsa & Argentine Tango classes, and gives occasional workshops.
In 2003 she attends Baila Tango school’s teachers team as Metin Yazır’s partner.
Beside her regular classes in Istanbul she is invited as a guest teacher in many countries.
Belgium, Canasa, Swiss (Geneva), Finland, France, Germany (Munih), Greece (Creta, Thessalonik), Hollande, New Zeeland, Norway, Turkey (Ankara, Izmir, Bursa, Eskisehir, Bodrum), US (New York, Boston, Washington DC, Chicago, Portland, San Diego).
In 2006 she starts worksing as an independent teacher, creates BATA (Women’s Argentine Tango Program) and shares her experience with students from various schools: Bosphorus, Yildiz Technic and Galatasaray Universities, Malena, Montuno, Ewet, Dancentrum dance studios and from 2010 until today İstanbulTANGO dance school.